How UFC / MMA Works?
UFC / MMA Rules
UFC made a giant leap and gained worldwide popularity. The number of spectators (albeit not constant) has increased many times, someone watches only loud, champion fights, someone watches only Conor McGregor and Habib Nurmagomedov, but someone does not miss a single battle from the preliminaries.
It is also obvious that not all of the new arrivals fans know and understand the rules of MMA and their regulations directly in the UFC. What can I say, in light of recent changes, sometimes even the fighters themselves get confused when it is possible to beat an opponent with a knee to the head, and when not. Initially, the UFC rules were just a brief set of prohibited actions that could be counted on the fingers of one hand. No gloves, weight categories, time limits and rounds. Over the years, UFC rules have become more, more detailed and more humane. Now you can’t count them even on the fingers and toes.
Let’s start with the most basic rules, namely, how the fights in the UFC go, how long they can last and how they can end:
- Duration: a standard match according to the rules of MMA consists of 3 rounds of 5 minutes. The main fights of the evening and title fights last 5 rounds of 5 minutes. Breaks between rounds are one minute
- Tasks: fighters use shock, wrestling and throwing techniques, painful and suffocating techniques to defeat the opponent
- Equipment: Each fighter, upon entering the octagon, must have 4 oz gloves, a mouth guard and inguinal protection. At the request of the fighter has the right to go to battle in the ankles and / or knee braces. Also, before going into the octagon, a small amount of petroleum jelly is applied to the fighter’s face to reduce the risk of cuts at the start of the battle. Clothing includes shorts for men and shorts \ skirts and tops for women. Shoes are forbidden, as are T-shirts, rashguards and gi.
- The outcome of the battle: ahead of time, the match may end by knockout, technical knockout (technical knockout includes passive defense, stopping the fight by a doctor, stopping the fight according to the decision of the referee or corners), surrender, or disqualification. If the match passes all the allotted time, then the judge will determine the winner. The decision of the judges may be unanimous, separate, the decision of the majority of judges. It is also rare, but it still happens when a duel is recognized as a draw.
- In each weight category in the UFC there are not only their champions, but also those who are constantly striving to remove them from the throne. That’s why each numbered event is good – the challenger challenges the owner of the title and the battles turn out to be childish and emotional.
This is probably all that a player who bets in MMA betting sites needs to know.
How to Win a UFC / MMA Fight
When deciding to bet on the UFC, you should consider a few tips:
- study the history of the games of the participants of the match;
- take into account the peculiarities of training fighters;
- use your own or other, but proven strategies;
- put not the whole bank, but its part – 2-3%, maximum 5%;
- know the measure and be able to stop.
To make it easier to understand your bids, read our tutorial articles. Here you will surely find many practical tips that will help increase the chances of success.
The main rule – you can’t be both a fan and a better! This means that you should not bet on the fighter for whom you are rooting. Maybe you know him personally or just sympathize with him – all this will not allow a cold-blooded analysis. You will always lean towards your favorite and find factors that supposedly prove that he is stronger.
Even if you choose a prudent approach with low odds and a small bet amount, this does not mean that you do not need to analyze all the events that you are going to bet on. In addition, it is imperative to watch previous rivals. There is also a video on YouTube that analyzes combat styles. They consider why the imaginative Nurmagomedov won, and McGregor lost. This will allow you to understand how athletes will act in a future meeting, which approach can produce a result.
Weight Classes in MMA / UFC
In each weight category in the UFC there are not only champions, but also those who are constantly striving to remove them from the throne. That’s why each numbered event is good – the challenger challenges the owner of the title and the battles turn out to be childish and emotional.
We will name all UFC champions and applicants for titles in weight categories.
- Flyweight (up to 57 kg). Strong, but very light men are fighting here. Now here is the champion – Henry Sehudo, who interrupted an unprecedented series of defenses of the title of Demetrius Johnson.
- The lightest weight (up to 61 kg). TJ Dillashaw owns the belt here, although behind him there is a whole gang of the suffering to punch him in the face, and, first of all, these are Cody Garbrandt and Dominic Cruz.
- Featherweight (up to 66 kg). At the moment, Max Holloway is on the throne, but it is not known whether he will remain so after meeting with Brian Ortega.
- Light weight (up to 70 kg). Here at the head of the planet all our Khabib Nurmagomedov. After defeating McGregor, the Dagestan Eagle is likely to meet with Tony Fergusson.
- Welterweight (up to 77 kg). Tyrone Woodley, who in the last battle deposed one of Darren Till, one of the most dangerous competitors, firmly and confidently dominates here. For the next revenge, Stephen Thompson may decide, and among the applicants – Kamaru Usman.
- Average weight (up to 84 kg). In this category, the belt is owned by Robert Whittaker. A group of volunteers is breathing in his back, including Yoel Romero, Jacquard Souza, and Calvin Gastelum.
- Light heavy (up to 93 kg). Daniel Cormier reigns in this category. True, John Jones, the evil genius of Black Fedor, is expected to return to the octagon soon, so Cormier will most likely run away from him in heavy weight, where he also owns the title. In addition to the Bones, Alexander Gustafsson is claiming the coveted belt, while the rest have not yet reached this status. By name, it is frankly the weakest division yet.
- Heavy weight (over 93 kg). Here the champion, as already mentioned, is Daniel Cormier, but from the point of view of competition, everything is much more interesting. Among those who want to give the champion a head are Alexander Volkov, Curtis Bleds, Francis Ngannu, Stipe Miocic and Derrick Lewis.
Bottom Line on UFC & MMA
For all the time the martial arts existed, fans of these worried about the eternal question – whose style is more effective. Will the karate player take over, and will the kickboxer judoka score? In 1993, one initiative group of comrades tried to give a fully developed answer to this rhetorical question. So the first absolute combat championship or simply UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) appeared.
The rules of battle for the audience are quite clear. This sport is considered not only the most spectacular, but also very profitable for betting on it.
How to Choose the Best UFC / MMA Betting Sites?
Betting on MMA is a very special topic. And finding a high coefficient here is much more difficult than betting on other sports. And if you prefer to bet on MMA, and in particular on the UFC, then you understand what we are talking about. Our rating will facilitate this task, as it is compiled objectively and impartially. It takes into account only the best MMA betting site, in the line of which there are outcomes on MMA.
Today, bookmakers offer all kinds of promotions to attract more customers. Bookmakers with a no deposit bonus give you the opportunity to win money without even betting on the UFC for your money. Bookmakers with a bonus during registration and when replenishing a deposit are more demanding – to withdraw bonus funds you will need to wager it by making a bet on your own money. There are also MMA betting sites that accrue bonuses for the bets themselves. The welcome bonus from the bookmaker is the trend of 2020.
In most cases, bookmakers offer you to double your first deposit. For example, a 100% first deposit bonus of 3,000 means that when replenished by no more than 3,000, it will be doubled. If you replenish your account with 5000, you will receive a bonus of 3000 rubles. To withdraw the bonus, you will need to place bets on a certain amount and with minimum odds.
Firstly, for almost all events, the best MMA betting site gives a chic painting, including literally all the outcomes, which, in principle, are possible within a single battle. Here are the totals, the method of victory, and the breakdown by rounds. It is sometimes difficult to come up with an option that would not be in the mural.
Secondly, the best UFC betting site should add events from the MMA world to the line much earlier, which is in the hands of those who like to make long-term bets. On which, by the way, sometimes you can earn more than betting shortly before the event, because odds even on explicit favorites are usually set higher if set in advance.
You can bet on UFC / MMA online at the best site for MMA betting. A good bookmaker should take bets on the main events in the world of fights without rules in live, so users are given the freedom to choose suitable options. If you do not have time to start the battle, then it’s okay, because on the site you can not only follow the broadcast, but also make bets during the competition. The betting line in specialized MMA bookmakers should be very good, it has all the significant fights, the events are pretty good.
Early Cash Out
After a grand victory, you should always get your money to your account as quickly as possible. One of the main issues exciting players at sports betting is how to safely and quickly withdraw their winnings from the bookmaker. Bookmakers with a convenient conclusion offer customers a choice of many possible payment systems. The faster the winnings are credited to the client’s account in a payment system convenient for him, the more loyal the user will be in relation to this office. In this regard, legal BCs strive for a variety of available ways to deposit funds and withdraw winnings. You can find out about the best site for MMA betting that quickly withdraw money at the Pro-gamble website.
Live Event Streaming
It is convenient to bet on sports and at the same time watch the broadcast of the tournament. The player can timely react to what is happening, analyze the situation and, based on what he sees, make a bet. This is possible at the points of accepting bookmaker bets, as well as on the Internet – at the best MMA betting site with online broadcasts.
Video broadcasts are free of charge, and in order to watch them you don’t even need to register – create an account on the website of the betting company and then go through the verification procedure. Streams with live events are broadcast in real time, and anyone can watch them.
Live broadcasts are held for all sports, including MMA. Registered users and newcomers to the betting world just go to the official bookmaker page to join the viewing.
Please note that some bookmakers allow only registered users to watch videos, while other bookmakers make streams available to everyone.
Acca Insurance is a promotion that usually offers players a refund of their bet (in cash or a free bet) if one part of their drive loses and the rest wins. Terms and conditions depend on the bookmaker with some better than others. Many bookmakers like to offer such promotions to their players, especially the best UFC betting site. So you can get back your consolation prize if your bet has not played. This is a very cool bonus.
Guaranteed Best Odds
One of the main criteria that we are guided by when creating the best MMA betting site from the Pro-gamble website is the magnitude of the coefficients that the considered bookmakers provide users with for betting. High ratios, and, consequently, low margins, stimulate the influx of players, which means for the company the opportunity to make substantial profits even with minimal trimming of odds. In the coefficients of top-level events that attract multimillion-dollar amounts of funds put in, such offices lay a margin within 1%. The average level of bookmaker margin for participants in this part of the rating is no more than 3%.
Further Betting Products
To play in the currency in which it is convenient for you is not an unimportant factor that should determine the choice of a bookmaker. The time to withdraw money from BC is a very important indicator when choosing an office for bets. But, it is also important, the abundance of payment methods, because the more there are, the more likely the bettor will choose the most convenient payment system. You can find a list of the most popular and convenient payment systems here.
Any serious and self-respecting BC should have high-quality online support, it should be noted that it is very important to choose a bookmaker with online support in a language convenient for the bettor. As practice shows, a player can very often have questions that need to and would be desirable to resolve immediately, for example, you need to block the bet, and the previous bet did not settle after two or three hours, in fact, for this, you need quality support. We took this item to the very end, because now there are a lot of services that allow you to monitor the analytics of sporting events. But you must admit, it is much more convenient to have such a tool in the bookmaker’s office and not to disperse to various resources. The list of tools for sports analytics is here.
Most bookmakers provide their customers with good opportunities to deliver from a mobile phone. On the official pages of bookmakers, you can download applications for smartphones and tablets with various versions of operating systems. There should be some difference between mobile applications for Android and for iOS. Since the gambling theme is forbidden on the Google Market, you must select the checkbox next to the “Allow installation of unknown applications” item.
How to Bet on UFC & MMA
Common Betting Rules
- Knockouts, painful techniques, asphyxiation. Let’s look at approximate rulers on the example of the battle of Habib and Conor, which will help us enrich indescribably. In addition to what can be put on a fighter, there is an opportunity to load on the method of victory. Conor is a great knockout, with a killer left hand, so you can bet on his early victory by knockout, and in which particular round. As for Khabib, this is the best fighter of the division, and, of course, he will transfer the opponent to the ground, where he usually hits, breaks and strangles. Therefore, there is an option to bet on his victory in a round with a submission, that is, a reception. This is either painful, or asphyxiating, or finishing off, the so-called “round and pound”.
- Points Victory. There is another option, which in this fight is quite possible. This is a victory of this or that athlete on points. Again, Conor does not have the best endurance, the fight is very exhausting, so we can conclude that the victory on points is likely to go to Habib. Everything, of course, is very arbitrary, because it’s a sport, but the pre-match hands tell us that if there is a knockout, then Conor will most likely win in the early rounds, if by points or in the late rounds, here we can give preference to Habib . Again, we are talking about specific athletes. For others, we will give completely different variations.
To Win Flight / Match Up Betting
For an objective assessment of opponents, it is necessary to take into account their statistics, the history of fights, especially the latest results. In addition, do not lose sight of the physical and mental state, systematic training, ranking teams and coaches of the athlete. It is important to know and understand the technique of fighters, which style and school of martial arts are preferred. Take into account the weight category, as each of them has its own battle tactics. Among other things, you need to know the basic points, for example, two main opposition strategies:
- wrestling – the use of throws, captures, pain and asphyxiation;
- shock – the use of strokes in different parts of the body: arms, legs, knees, elbows.
Do not forget that in different championships, the rules differ markedly, and this is an important factor. For example, fights in European and Asian countries are not as constrained as in American tournaments, where there are much more restrictions. In general, it is relatively easy to analyze. The main thing is to gradually gain experience by betting on UFC, MMA, etc.
Total Rounds – Over / Under
Total in MMA is the number of rounds, and here, half the round in time is taken for calculation (2.5 minutes or 2:30 – 2 minutes, 30 seconds, exactly half of 5 minutes).
In other words, if we bet, for example, on a total greater than 1.5, this means that the battle should end later than 2:30 of the second round. If it ends exactly at 2:30, there will be a refund of the entire bet amount, that is, it will be calculated with a coefficient of 1. Here is a more detailed explanation:
- in order to play a bet on the total over 1.5, the battle must end later than 2:30 of the second round;
- total more than 2.5 – later than 2:30 of the third round.
Betting on rounds in MMA may be slightly different. For example, there is a bet on which round the winner will be determined. To understand this part of the painting is quite simple. The only difficulty is that instead of surnames and names they write “Team 1” or “Team 2”. Here, you also need to refer to the protocol of the battle and the order in which the athletes stand. For example, if indicated, Thompson is Pettis, then Thompson will be team 1, and Pettis will be team 2.
Therefore, if it is written, for example, “Team 1 in the first round”, this means that Thompson must gain victory in the first round and it does not matter exactly how he does it and at what minute.
Grouped Round Betting
This type of bet is accepted on the range of rounds in which the battle ends. That is, this means that the battle between Habib and Conor will end in the interval from 2 to 3 rounds. If the battle ends in round 2 or 3, the bet will win. If the battle ends at 1, 4, 5, then the bet will not play.
Round by Round In Play
This type of bet is very risky. It is taken out in rounds. Such an event is very difficult to predict, but nonetheless very popular with analysts. You can look at the statistics and find out which of the fighters is more active in this or that round. This speaks of the tactics of the fighter, which you can predict.
Fight Outcome / Method of Victory
Many more BC allow you to bet on a way to early victory. Here are some ways:
- The classic view of the end of a fight in boxing and mixed martial arts, when one of the opponents strikes the second with such a blow, after which he cannot continue the fight. It simply falls on the octagon, in most cases, being in an unconscious state.
- Technical knockout. Here, the fighter may not fall to the ground, but if the referee sees that he is not able to defend himself from the blows of the enemy, he will stop the fight and count the technical knockout. This is done in order to maintain the health of fighters as much as possible. The fight can be stopped not only by the judge, but also by the fighter (refusal to continue), a doctor, a coach or a corner second.
- Painful or asphyxiating. At the same time, the fighter may lose consciousness or simply refuse to continue the battle due to the opponent’s successfully used technique.
- This applies to cases when the athlete himself refuses the fight before it starts. Sometimes this happens even in the UFC and Bellator. Recently, many refused to fight with Nurmagomedov, at UFC 3, Royce Gracie did not go to the battle due to the fact that he was very tired in the previous one and was dehydrated. Cases can be very different, but victory is always awarded to the opponent. But it is worthwhile to understand that this is relevant only for those cases when there was already an agreement on the fight, tickets were sold for it and the audience was gathered. If a fighter refuses the agreement initially, this is not considered a refusal to match.
Fight to Go the Distance
In each tournament, one fight is recognized as the best. After that, each participant in the statistics records data about this. For example, Khabib Nurmagomedov’s duel against Edson Barboza at UFC 219 was recognized as “Performance of the evening”. If you open the same Wikipedia, you will see this information on the Habib page. It is noteworthy that not the fight that was the loudest in the signboard or the central fight of the evening can be recognized as the best.
This type of betting is very rare and only the best UFC betting site in UK offers it. The bottom line is that the sensational event or the challenge of one fighter becomes loud news. Until this battle is scheduled, you can bet on whether or not it will take place and in what period of the year. This is a very interesting bet that only UFC experts can bet.
Outright is a group of bets on the entire competition before its start (on the champion, winner, top three winners). Subsequently, this format of bets became more diverse, but the key feature is always preserved: “outright” is betting on the result of the entire competition. Outright bets are not very popular among professional players, as they require freezing money for a very long time. In addition, forecasting for a long period is quite difficult, especially in individual sports. There are factors that simply cannot be predicted, for example, injuries to key fighters.